Monday, September 21, 2009

Lighting on the way to Everett

According the the Lighting twitter, the boys are on the bus headed to the airport to catch a flight to Seattle. The boys will be so close (a 3 hour drive) yet so far away (when you don't own a car) from me.

I am using this post really to complain about the cost to rent a car and the length of the boarder waits to that made me decide against going to the game tomorrow. If the game was a regular season game, I would be all over taking a day off of work to catch the game, but alas I have bills to pay.
And with 4 games in a row, I couldn't bet on seeing the players I wanted to pay to go see, actually play.

So the Lightning have lost 3-1 to Ottawa tonight, their 1st of the 4 games in 4 nights that they have scheduled. As my friend on my couch points out, contrary to the Lightning website, losing 3-1 is not being edged out of a win, rather, you could say that losing 3-1 is getting beaten by the other team.

For an interesting read, though not really Lightning related, on the Heatley trade check out former Lightning GM, Jay Feaster's article in THN.

No comments:

Post a Comment