Friday, November 27, 2009

Game 23: Rangers in Tampa Preview

Black Friday. I don't really understand all the hoopla about Black Friday....though I'm the type of person that will buy shoes at the beginning of the season because I don't like to deal with being told they don't have my size during a sale. I don't do large crowds at sales, I don't do boxing day sales, so I don't think I would do Black Friday well. I do like the concept of getting another day off, even if it is without pay.

Enemy blog: I don't respect many Ranger fans, except Scotty Hockey




So for Black Friday, the Lightning will have an open skate for fans from 6-8:45am (who is up at that ungodly hour on a day off, I don't know) which if you are reading this, you have already missed. Followed by an open Lightning morning skate from 10am-1pm and a discounted equipment sale. Terrace level tickets are on sale for $10. Seriously. Click here for all the Black Friday details.

There is also some discount on tickets for a "
Lingerie Football League". I'm afraid to type that into the google machine and see what pops up.

On the hockey front, the Ranjuhs are 13-10-1 and have won the last two in a row. The Lightning on the other hand, well defence at least look like they've lost all sense of direction since Ohlund has been out with injury.


Tonight is the return of John Tortorella for the first time back to face the Lightning as a coach for the Rangers, and really it's not a big deal. He still lives in the Tampa Bay area (at least he did last year when he was an analyst on TSN) and
is part of the community. Yes he did have a bit of a feud with Vinny when he coached the team, but Vinny is a big boy and will get over the drama.

What
is a big deal is that Marian Gaborik is still healthy. And Wade Redden is injured.

Line-up Notes:
  • Mattias Ohlund is still out with a lower body injury (day to day)
  • Mike Smith is in goal
Game time: 7:30pm ET on SUN. Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment